Webinar - "Washington Update - Reauthorization AND MORE" -**REGISTER NOW**
Thursday, October 16, 2014 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDT
For close to 50 years since the passage of the Higher Education Act (HEA) Congress has come together to provide the fulfill the aspirations of Americans to pursue Postsecondary education and training. A watch could be set as early Reauthorizations occurred on schedule and even during difficult times "access" and "affordability" were the goals of the legislation. More recently, partisanship, budget and appropriations have dominated HEA reauthorization.
Join Justin Draeger and Brett Leif as they discuss the upcoming reauthorization through the lens of a Congressional election and candidates from both parties positioning themselves for a 2016 presidential run.
Please join us as two Washington DC proponents of student aid discuss what is in store.
Non-NYSFAAA Training Activities
- Department of Education
- HESC – Visit the HESC Web Site for all NYSHESC sponsored training.
- SUNYFAP – State University of New York Financial Aid Professions
POLICY: Under certain circumstances, established by Council, the registration fee is refundable.
1. The refund policy must be stated on the registration form.
2. The policy is that normally refunds are granted if requested in writing and the request is received at least two weeks before the first day of the event.
3. Under extenuating circumstances, such as illness, the two-week deadline may be waived. Such refunds may be authorized either by the Committee Chair or by the Treasurer. They may request whatever documentation they deem appropriate on a document. It is important that these officials consult, however, so there is consistent treatment of members each year and so that one does not approve a member who might be rejected by another officer.
4. Other members of the Council are not authorized to approve refunds.
APPROVED: July 1993; April 1998