NYSFAAA is a non-profit organization dedicated to the educational and professional needs of financial aid administrators in New York State. NYSFAAA respects the privacy of its membership and adheres to the policies outlined below:
All members’ addresses both postal and electronic are privileged information and are not sold to outside entities. This information is only available to the membership for association business.
Since electronic communications are the primary vehicle for contacting the membership, individuals are urged to always maintain an accurate email address in the association’s database. Members may update their demographic information by accessing the membership area of the NYSFAAA webpage.
Payments & Refunds
NYSFAAA accepts Visa and Mastercard, in addition to payment by check. Specific policies for refunds are listed with each event. Dates and amounts may vary and final decisions are at the discretion of NYSFAAA. For payment inquiries contact:
Susan E Godreau, Treasurer
Director of Financial Aid
44 Pierrepont Avenue
Potsdam, NY 13676
Phone: (315) 267-2162
Fax: (315) 267-3067
NYSFAAA, in the near future, should it begin to utilize electronic balloting for association elections, must be confident that sufficient privacy standards are in place to ensure the confidentiality of voters’ choices.
From time to time, NYSFAAA surveys the membership for feedback regarding training needs, conference preferences, and other association activities and projects. If these surveys are done by electronic venue, the identities of individual respondents is protected in order to guaranty confidentiality.
Expectations of Members
Although there are many public areas of the NYSFAAA website, there are sections dedicated exclusively to members such as our online directory. NYSFAAA members are expected to respect the privacy of their fellow members.
Links to Other Internet Sites
NYSFAAA is not responsible for the privacy guidelines of internet sites which may be linked through the NYSFAAA WebPages. Refer to the individual site’s policy statement on privacy standards.
If you have questions regarding NYSFAAA or this privacy statement, contact the current NYSFAAA President for additional information.
Adopted September 13, 2002
Additional Privacy Information
All content on this web site is for the personal use of NYSFAAA members in the United States. Any commercial use or publication is strictly prohibited. NYSFAAA does not assume responsibility for or endorse the content of any other web site page reached via a link displayed here.
- Information We Collect: NYSFAAA may collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your full name, phone number, mailing address and email address as part of your member profile. If you make a purchase (membership, event registration, or other purchase), and it involves a credit card transaction, that payment will take place through a third-party payment processor who would collect payment information. No specific credit card information is collected or retained on the NYSFAAA website. We do not send promotional emails, but you may receive service related emails regarding your account of information specific to the association. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may opt our of them by contacting the association support email address or updating your member profile.
- How We Use Your Information: NYSFAAA uses the collected information to operate and maintain the organization membership functionality. Your IP address is used only to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site.
- How We Share Your Information:
- Personally Identifiable Information: NYSFAAA will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. Information may be stored on servers co-located with hosting providers. Any personally identifiable information you elect to make publicly available, such as posting comments on a blog page or newsletter article, will be available to others. If you request to remove information that you have made public, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or the site, or in locations where other users may have copied or saved that information.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: NYSFAAA may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages, number of clicks, etc.) with potential advertisers, to help them understand the usage patterns for the website.
- Storage and Processing: Information collected by NYSFAAA is stored and handled in the United States.
- How We Protect Your Information: NYSFAAA is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted on the website, or guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. When you enter information, such as log in credentials, on our registration forms, the data is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, however. There is no guarantee of absolute security.